We are currently hiring for
Public Skating | 11:20am - 12:20p
Monday through Friday
($5 Adult, $3 Children under 10)
*No Figure Skating, Jumping or Pucks
Public Hockey | 12:30pm - 1:30p
Monday through Friday
($5 Adult - Must be 14 yrs old)
Please check here prior to heading to the rink for any changes or cancellations.
Rodman Arena offers numerous sponsorship opportunities throughout the facility. Please click here to learn more.
The Rodman Arena is currently seeking employees for the following positions:
- Rink Facility Manager
- Zamboni Driver
Hockey Rink Facility Manager
This position is the hands-on manager of Rodman Arena (2 sheet ice rink in Walpole MA). Responsibilities include overseeing all ice-making operations; managing a team of full-time and part-time staff; monitoring and managing the building systems and ice surfacing equipment; maintaining the overall interior and exterior of the facility, including the overall safety and security of the rink; and preparing for teams and rental groups.
Reports To: Owner/GM
• Monitor operation of Freon Chiller system and Energy Management System software (EMS).
• Perform all necessary maintenance on electric Ice-Resurfacers.
• Maintain ice quality.
• Monitor and maintain all HVAC and dehumidification systems.
• Coordinate and oversee contracted equipment repairs and preventative maintenance schedules.
• Hiring, training, and scheduling facility employees.
• Maintaning facility schedules and ensuring employees do not receive overtime.
• Maintain and repair rink dasher and glass system.
• Upkeep and repair of facility including light plumbing and electrical.
• Painting locker rooms, halls, and walls.
• Ice painting when permitted.
• Winter snow removal (snow plowing) and ice control (sanding & shoveling walks). Snow removal on roof of rink if necessary (snow blowing on roof).
• Maintain facility exterior and property curb appeal. Daily parking lot walk to confirm cleanliness.
• Purchase required facility materials including janitorial supplies and equipment.
• Ensure OSHA compliance, including developing, updating and maintain those systems as well as all public safety regulations.
• Maintain readings for chiller system.
• Log book for filters and belts on roof top.
• Maintain Zamboni (grease/lube/batteries/blades/cleaning)
• Maintain readings of ice thickness.
• Ice making
• Cleaning with kiavac machines and floor cleaning machines.
• Cleaning glass on dasher boards.
• Cleaning and maintaining showers and shower heads.
• Scoreboard maintenance replacement of bulbs.
• Replacing lights over ice and maintaining ballasts.
• Restudding tires on both ice resurfacers.
• Painting and restringing of all hockey nets.
• Ordering all products for cleaning and bathroom products.
• Controls all inventory in the building for supplies and maintained equipment.
• How many years of Facilities Management experience do you have?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
• Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Please email email@example.com
This role will primarily be nights and weekends with a chance to work on a scheduled or as needed/on-call basis. You must be 21+ years old. Experience is a plus but we will train the right person. Basic mechanical aptitude is necessary. All candidates will be subject to a CORI/background check. Shifts are available every day of the week. Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability for interview and shift preferences. You may also stop in to fill out an application at 2130 Providence Hwy, Walpole, MA.